This is a place to post polls, whatever they may be about. Anyone can create a poll. Use the Poll template when creating polls.
If you want to view completed polls, please go to the Poll archive.
Poll: What should be done with story and character articles?
- All character and story related articles should be allowed on mainspace.
- This has my vote - sorry for being a selfish prick, heheh. However, I have a sidenote to add. This has my preference, but what I mostly care about is that this is decided clearly and unified, because that's something I've been waiting for since quite some time. On top of this, perhaps we should have some kind of quality guideline? 08:30, March 17, 2016 (UTC)
- All character and story related articles should be moved to user space, or somewhere else.
- (add another proposal)
- i dont think necessarily everyone should be able to put whatever story element into mainspace without a record in some form of canon. stuff like canonical personas and characters that are part of established storylines should go into mainspace, but if something is both minor in relevance and not part of any ongoing/finished story, then i think it should go in user subpages or blog posts. LAT (Talk • Contributions) 09:51, March 17, 2016 (UTC)
- Ditto with LAT. 11:40, March 17, 2016 (UTC)
- Aye. Timelines allow for much more freedom in character pages being allowed, but I don't think we need to list off every background character from every story, even if they're fan-favorites or whatnot. (Believe me, I'd be cramming them down your throat by now.) 19:35, March 17, 2016 (UTC)
- I agree in general with this idea after some consideration. Maybe restricting mainspace to characters who are in or at least mentioned in published stories would be an appropriate limitation. Talk 20:04, March 17, 2016 (UTC)
- I also agree with LAT. I think there could be a bit of free space if the character is planned to be put in a current or near-future story and just hasn't appeared quite yet. That sort of stuff. 19:20, March 19, 2016 (UTC)
- I feel like this would be a repetition of what I said back in November '15 on my journal, but I always (as far as I can tell) considered the stories to be part of this wiki. Siding with LAT, if new material was added by new users, then this would need approval from the story-masters (not just DMS, mind you). Therefore, I could consider anything that should be approved first in user pages and blogs, then get clearance to mainspace once it becomes favorable to all of us. 13:25, April 2, 2016 (UTC)